Thursday, October 21, 2010

sweet softness.....

I have been admiring the beautiful Crocheted washcloths around the blogging world for a little while now and have wanted to have a go at them myself.
Well I finally joined in on this sweet crochet trend and made my very first set of washcloths.
I found this beautiful pattern while perusing the Ravelry site
it is a very simple pattern to follow so they work up quite quickly.
I will be making a few more of these to tuck away into some Christmas gifts this year.
Thank you so much to Helda for sharing this lovely pattern
and for providing such easy to follow instructions.
The Pattern can be found on
helda's blog Heldasland
and also on Ravelry


I hope you are all having a lovely week ♥

13 comments:

Anne said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous work. Thank you for sharing.

Elisha said...

I have been looking for a washcloth pattern that would be good as a baby gift, thank you for linking to the pattern, they are gorgeous :-) perhaps from bamboo?

deb@virginia blue said...

Very, very pretty! Crocheted washcloths and dishcloths are the best :)

Sarah Feeney said...

These are lovely Gillian! I'm just starting to learn how to crochet - Amigurumi in particular - because I found a really cool book with little vampire and skeleton toys! LOL!! I hope one day to be as good as you!

Heldasland said...

Gillian, thank you for linking my pattern, the colours you have used makes the pattern pop out,Im definately copying your colour choice.

Jorunn said...

Wonderful washcloths in really beautyful colours! This is a perfect cristmasgift :)

Paula J Atkinson said...

These look lovely Gillian!

Terrie said...

Gorgeous! They look so soft and chunky!

- said...

Simply lovely.

melissa said...

These are lovely - I've been practicing my crochet while I was on holidays - hopefully will have something that is worth blogging about very soon! :)

Anonymous said...

That pattern would also make a really beautiful scarf, just keep going (and going and going!) - I have one quite similar and I love it. When I saw it on I crochet that's what I thought they were and came dashing over. Lovely colours! Think how nice they would look draped around your neck - everyone would see your lovely hand craft then.
Siobhan

YarnRoundHook said...

They are just lovely! Another thing to add to my queue!

Pami said...

i have to try those!!!
greetings from hamburg, germany
pami